In India, buying or building a house is followed by a long, tedious procedure that is often accompanied by Vastu considerations. Although several Vastu Shastra experts claim that all directions are equally good, many people believe that east-facing houses are more auspicious than south or west-facing properties.
An east-facing house or property is one in which the entrance of the house faces toward the east direction. Given below are some east facing house Vastu tips that you can follow while choosing a new house.
East Facing House Vastu Tips
As per Vastu Shastra guidelines, east-facing properties are claimed to be auspicious, especially in the case of buildings and apartments. However, be it independent villas or multi-story apartments, certain rules should be implemented to make them more favorable. Given below are a few east-facing house Vastu tips that will add luck and prosperity to your household.
1) Measure the accurate east direction of your plot with the help of a magnetic compass.
2) In case you intend to have a staircase where you reside, place it on the south or west.
3) Placement of pooja rooms in the northeast zone of an east-facing house is considered to be auspicious.
4) A living room is best placed in the northeast direction in an east-facing home since it is believed to bring immense prosperity and good luck.
5) A kitchen should be strategically placed either in the northwest or the southeast direction of the east-facing house. Ideally, whoever is cooking should make sure they are facing the east direction in a south-east facing kitchen and west in a north-west facing kitchen.
6) The master bedroom should be located in the southwest direction for east-facing homes.
7) Guest rooms are best placed in the northwest direction for an east-facing house.
8) Open spaces including balconies and atriums should be placed on the east side of the property.
9) The walls facing the north and east direction should be slightly shorter and thinner than the walls placed in the south and west direction.
10) It is advisable to place a bowl of rock salt in every corner of your house to absorb all the negative energy and give a cleansing effect.
Vastu Factors To Avoid In East-facing Homes
Although east-facing houses promise prosperity and auspiciousness, there are a few Vastu placements that you must avoid to ensure the peace and positivity of your household. Given below are some east-facing house Vastu tips regarding certain placements and directions that you must take care to avoid.
1) Septic tanks should not be placed in the northeast corner of the house.
2) Do not construct toilets in the northeast direction in an east-facing home Vastu.
3) If the house is east-facing, do not place a kitchen in the northeast direction.
4) Avoid designing staircases in the northeast direction in a Vastu for east-facing homes or properties.
5) Placement of garages in the northeast direction should be avoided at all costs in east-facing properties.
6) Large trees should not be planted in the east or north direction of an east-facing property.
7) According to the Vastu Shastra, the entire plot should not have slopes from the north to the south direction.
8) There should not be any large objects such as trees, poles, or statues obstructing the main entrance to your house.
9) People planning to construct east-facing houses are generally advised not to place mirrors in front of the bed to avoid seeing their reflection while in bed.
10) Take care not to place trash cans or any such clutter in the north or northeast corners of your house.
Vastu Tips For Every Room: Do's and Don'ts
When it comes to planning the layout for east-facing houses or buildings, certain factors regarding every room in the house must be carefully planned and executed according to Vastu rules. Dismissing Vastu guidelines could result in adverse circumstances that threaten to destroy the peace and prosperity of your home. Given below are a few east-facing house Vastu tips regarding the various rooms in your homestead.
Living rooms for east-facing houses should be constructed in the northeast direction. The walls on the north and east sides of the living room must be marginally thinner and shorter than the south and west sides of the room. This factor is believed to attract success, prosperity, and well-being, in personal and professional life.
For east-facing properties, the master bedroom should ideally be placed in the southwest direction. As per Vastu Shastra, the placement of the bed should be on the south or west side of the walls, thus ensuring that the head lies in the south or west direction and the legs are in the east or north direction. The best spot for a changing room lies on the north or west side of the bedroom. Another factor to be noted is that the bathroom, which must be closed at all times, should not directly face the bed.
Any pooja room in an east-facing house should be constructed in the northeast direction. Since this is a room intended for worship, no changes should be made regarding its placement in the house. The ceiling of this room must be built lower than that of all the other rooms.
As per Vastu guidelines, a kitchen should be placed in the southeast direction in east-facing houses or properties. In case that is not feasible, you could also consider the northwest direction. Take care to completely avoid west, north, and northeast directions while deciding on the placement of your kitchen. It is believed that any person should face the east (in a southeast-facing kitchen) and the west (in a northwest-facing kitchen) while cooking meals. Items like the stove and oven should be placed in the southeast area while refrigerators or storage areas should be in the southwest.
East-facing homes are popular amongst people since the east symbolizes light, life, and positive energy. In an east-facing property, the sun is a dominant factor and directly relates to power and authority. Building a house in adherence to the Vastu Shastra will ensure that your home is always prosperous and filled with positive energy.