If you are looking to buy a house in Hyderabad or any city of India, you must be aware that each city/state has a different house registration process that it follows. Wondering what is the house registration process in Hyderabad in particular? We are here to answer everything you need to know about it and more!
House Registration: Stamp Duty and Registration
Each property buyer in Hyderabad needs to have the sale registered with the Telangana Registration and Stamp Department. As the process goes, the buyer along with the seller and a witness need to visit the nearest (to the property purchased) sub-registrar’s office and pay the stamp duty and registration charges as applicable in Telangana state.
What Are The Documents Required For Property Registration In Hyderabad ?
Property buyers in Hyderabad need to submit all the following documents as required by the Telangana state at the time of property registration. It must be noted that these documents have to be uploaded online on the portal, before visiting the sub-registrar’s office for sale deed registration.
- Original documents, with the signature of all parties
- Encumbrance certificate
- Demand draft/bank challan of payment of full stamp duty
- Property card
- Section 32A photo form of executants and witnesses
- Identity proof of the buyer, seller, and witnesses
- PAN card
- Power of attorney
- Aadhaar card
- Address proof of the buyer and seller
- Photograph of the property’s exterior
- Pattadar passbook for agricultural land
House Registration Process In Hyderabad: What Is The Fee For Property Registration In Hyderabad ?
A property buyer in Hyderabad does not have to pay a fixed fee at the time of registration. The entire fee will comprise of stamp duty, registration fee, and transfer duty as follows-
|Document||Stamp duty||Transfer duty||Registration fee|
|Sale of apartment/flat (semi-furnished)||4%||1.5%||0.5%|
|Sale agreement with possession||4%||0||0.5% (minimum Rs 5,000, maximum Rs 20,0000)|
|Sale agreement without possession||0.5%||0||0.5% (minimum Rs 5,000, maximum Rs 20,0000)|
|Sale agreement-cum-GPA||5%||0||Rs 2,000|
How Are Stamp Duty And Registration Charges On Property Calculated In Hyderabad ?
In Hyderabad, as per the rules of the Telangana state, here’s how you can calculate the stamp duty and registration charges –
- Visit the official Registration and Stamp Department portal of Telangana
- Select the nature of the transaction from the drop-down menu and enter the consideration value
- Input Y/N to verify if the property has been identified
- If identified, after inputting Y, mention the measurements and boundary length
- Click ‘Calculate’ and you will have the stamp duty registration charge for you
What Is The House Registration Process In Hyderabad?
Here’s the entire process of how to register for a property in Hyderabad/ Telangana-
- Visit the Telangana Property Registration portal
- Create a login ID
- Upload all the documents as required on the portal
- Pay the stamp duty and registration fee
- Book a suitable time slot to visit the sub-registrar’s office (SRO)
- Visit the SRO
- Get your check slip prepared by the officer at the SRO (which will be based on the details provided during document upload)
- Cross-check the slip to proofread and figure out if any errors need to be fixed
- An E-KYC will now be conducted to verify the fingerprints of the registration parties with their respective Aadhaar
- Once the E-KYC is done, you will need to pay the stamp duty, registration fees, and other requisite fees
- Once verified, endorsements will be printed on the document being registered
- The document will then be registered by the sub-registrar
- The registered document will then be scanned and uploaded on the portal. The user can take prints/downloads from the portal
It must be noted that in case of an unsuccessful verification, the applicant will be directed to make necessary changes and re-submit the application.
How To Check The Market Value Of Land In Hyderabad ?
If you are looking to buy a property in Hyderabad or Telangana, you can check the market value of the land parcels by following the Dharanai portal.
- Visit the Dharani portal
- Click on ‘Agriculture’
- Click on ‘View Market Value of Lands for Stamp Duty’
- Choose the district, mandal, village, town, and survey number
- Click ‘Fetch.’ The market value will reflect on your screen
Final Thoughts: How To Create A Property Sale Deed In Telangana ?
In order to draft a property sale deed, the owners should have the process completed by a professional lawyer on a non-judicial stamp paper of the requisite value. The involved parties will have to use five non-judicial stamp papers and the remaining amount will have to be through an alternative medium like challan.
A property sale deed in Hyderabad should have the following clauses:
- Name of the deed: (type of deed as mutually agreed by the parties involved)
- Parties to the sale deed (basic credentials of the parties involved)
- Description of the property in context (detailed description of the property, including identification number, plot area, etc.)
- Sale consideration clause (all the information relevant to the sale amount as mutually decided by the seller and the buyer)
- Mode of payment
- Advance payment (if any)
- Possession status and date (the actual date of possession)
- Indemnity clause (a clause that states that the seller is liable to bear all the statutory charges including property tax, electricity charges, water bill, etc. until the sale is actually executed)
Are you looking to buy a property in Hyderabad? Look no further! Propertygeek is your one-stop solution to finding the best properties and the best property-related advice in Hyderabad amongst multiple other Indian cities. Get in touch today!