The Best Pressure Cooker in India: Top Picks for Effortless Cooking
In the fast-paced world of cooking, having the right kitchen appliances can make all the difference. One such essential kitchen tool is the pressure cooker. It not only saves time but also retains the nutritional value of your food. In this article, we will explore the best pressure cookers in India, considering factors such as capacity, material, safety features, and user reviews.
So, if you’re looking to invest in a pressure cooker that suits your cooking needs, keep reading!
12 Best Pressure Cooker In India
1. Hawkins Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
The Hawkins steel cooker is the best pressure cooker for us because it can be used on any type of stove, Indian or not, electric stovetop or gas range; it works like a charm.
Plus, it comes in different sizes, starting from 2 liters and going all the way up to 10 liters. This means it can be a long-lasting addition to your kitchen.
And the best part is, it’s super durable thanks to its stainless steel construction. Stainless steel is tough and doesn’t corrode, rust, or scratch easily. The unique combination of stainless steel (74% steel + 18% chromium + 8% nickel) makes Hawkins a top choice for those who cook Indian food.
It even comes with a five-year warranty!
The cooker isn’t magnetic because of this mix, which adds to its durability.
The cooker’s thick stainless steel base spreads heat evenly, so your food cooks consistently.
The locking lid traps steam inside, making your meals even better.
The curved body design makes stirring easy, and it has a sturdy 6.6 mm sandwich bottom.
There’s also a safety valve under the handle for extra security. It’s a real kitchen superstar!
2. Hawkins Hevibase
Hevibase is considered one of the best pressure cookers in India, and one reason is its strong and thick bottom.
- It’s made of two layers of aluminum, which does two important things. First, it gives the cooker a sturdy and flat base. Second, it spreads the heat evenly, so your food cooks thoroughly and evenly.
- What’s cool about this cooker is that you can use it on induction stoves, which is a plus.
- It’s a great choice for small Indian families with 3-4 people because it’s just the right size.
- The bottom is round and about 288 millimeters around.
- If you’re making dishes that need a bit of frying before pressure cooking, this cooker is perfect.
- The base is 6.35 millimeters thick, and the handle is special.
It’s made with a layer of aluminum in between two layers of thick plastic. This is smart because it keeps the handle from getting too hot to hold. The plastic layers are thick so they don’t melt or warp when things get hot. Plus, the design gives you a strong grip every time you use it!
3. Hawkins Contura
This pressure cooker is built to last a long time. It’s made entirely from high-quality, strong stainless steel used in industries.
- What’s special is that it’s anodized, which makes it even tougher and cooks your food faster and better.
- You can choose from different sizes: 2 liters, 3 liters, 3.5 liters, 4 liters, and 6.5 liters, so it’s great for any family size.
- One of the reasons it’s considered one of the best pressure cookers in India is its thick, flat base. The base is 3.25 millimeters thick, so it’s really strong, and being flat helps it spread heat evenly.
- Don’t worry if you’re not a pro chef – this pressure cooker has your back with those recipe cards.
- And it’s super fast – it cooks your food in almost half the time of a regular microwave. Even though boiling food in water is the usual way to make sure it’s safe, this pressure cooker cooks at a temperature 22% higher than boiling water, so you can be confident your food will be free of harmful stuff.
- You’ll cook like a gourmet chef from a fancy restaurant, and your food will be delicious and full of flavor.
- Taking care of it is a breeze with the included instructions, and it’s easy to clean by hand or in the dishwasher.
Just remember, it won’t work on an induction stove. And here are a few more pluses: the anodized body means no weird chemical reactions with your food. The lid fits snugly and won’t break. Plus, the curved body makes stirring easy and stops your food from burning.
4. Hawkins Futura
Introducing the Hawkins Futura pressure cooker, one of the best cooker brands for cooking meals for 3 or 4 people. This cooker is not only efficient but also easy to clean in the dishwasher.
- What sets it apart is its hard anodized body and lid, which won’t react with your food. This means it won’t tarnish and will look brand new for years.
- The cooker has a solid 6.35 mm thick base that heats evenly, stays flat, and is perfect for light frying before you start pressure cooking.
- If you have an induction cooktop, you’re in luck.
- The Futura pressure cooker is available in various sizes, from 2 liters to 6 liters.
- But here’s the real magic – it cooks super fast, a whopping 46% faster than a microwave oven!
- The pressure regulating system is a game-changer, allowing you to release pressure with just your fingertips and preventing the steam vent from getting clogged.
- The sleek black finish not only looks great but also helps the cooker absorb heat faster, making it energy-efficient.
- This cooker is versatile, and suitable for gas, electric, ceramic, and halogen cooktops, with a base diameter of 151 mm.
- And as a bonus, it comes with a cookbook to inspire your culinary adventures. Plus, it’s backed by a 5-year warranty, so you can enjoy worry-free cooking for years to come.
5. Hawkins Miss Mary
Perfect for cooking for 3 or 4 people! The Miss Mary Handi pressure cooker is designed with your convenience and safety in mind.
- It has a curved body that makes stirring and serving food easy. Plus, you can see your food better while it’s cooking.
- The cooker has a thick metal base, about 3.25 mm thick, which makes it strong, safe, and hygienic.
- Every Miss Mary cooker is tested to make sure it won’t leak.
- It also has a special vent weight (the whistle) that works well. It helps your food cook faster, saves energy, and reduces the chance of your lentils sprouting too much.
- One cool thing about the Miss Mary Handi is that it has a lid that fits inside. This makes it safer than regular cookers because it’s locked in place, kind of like a door on an airplane. If the safety valve needs to let out steam, it does so safely downward, away from you.
- The rubber gasket inside the cooker, which keeps the steam in, doesn’t wear out quickly because it’s not constantly rubbing against the lid. So, it lasts longer.
- Lastly, the handles on the cooker stay cool, and they’re sturdy. They won’t wear out quickly either, thanks to the strong metal pivot.
Important: Use only on gas stoves!
6. Butterfly Cordial
This Butterfly pressure cooker is highly regarded as the best cooker brand in India, even though it can’t be used on induction stoves by default. But don’t worry, you can get a special version of this Butterfly cooker that works on induction stovetops.
- They have a metallic safety plug and a gasket release system. These clever parts keep track of how much steam and pressure is inside the cooker.
- The lid only opens when there’s not much pressure left, so it’s safe to use.
- Plus, you can put it in the dishwasher after you’ve cooked with it. Just use a gentle dishwashing soap.
- The outside of the Butterfly cooker is made of aluminum, which means it won’t get scratched or look all beat up. It’ll stay shiny and look new for years.
These are the reasons why it’s considered one of the best pressure cookers in India. And there’s more! It’s got an easy-to-hold handle for comfortable cooking, a 5-year warranty for peace of mind, and a concave bottom that keeps its shape over time. So, it’s a pretty great kitchen tool!
7. Butterfly Curve
This pot is designed to be comfortable to use and look good.
- It has a handle that’s easy to hold and won’t get too hot. The handle also locks in place when you turn it, and the pot itself is very durable and has a shiny finish.
- When you cook with it, the heat spreads out evenly, so your food cooks well. It doesn’t use too much fuel, which is good for saving energy.
- The lid goes on the outside, and there’s a special rubber seal that helps it last longer and stay safe.
- The pot has a special weight inside that helps it cook faster, and the bottom is thick so it heats up quickly and evenly.
- You can use it on an induction stove too, and it’s safe to put in the dishwasher.
- Plus, it comes with a 5-year warranty in case anything goes wrong.
8. Pigeon By Stovekraft Favourite
It doesn’t matter how tough your food is; this best cooker in India will make sure it’s cooked evenly and thoroughly.
- This Pigeon 3-litre pressure cooker is crafted from top-notch aluminum, and that’s why it’s super strong and built to last.
- Plus, it comes with sturdy plastic Bakelite handles that are securely attached to the pot, so you can always get a good grip. It’s just perfect for busy Indian families!
- Even when you place it over a really hot and big flame, it doesn’t buckle or have its handles melting and warping like some others do. This cooker stays strong and reliable.
- And the best part? You can use it on both induction cooktops and gas stoves.
- Plus, the safety valve is free from lead, adding to its safety features.
- This cooker has got all the qualities you need in your kitchen!
9. Pigeon By Stovekraft Deluxe
What makes this one of the best pressure cookers in India is its smart design.
- Even though it’s made from high-quality aluminum, it feels incredibly light.
- It can hold up to 12 liters of food or liquid and has a standard flat base.
- But be careful, don’t use it on induction stoves; it might not work well there.
- What sets it apart is its top-notch food-grade nitrile gaskets.
- It’s also earned an ISI certification and meets international safety standards (IS21:1992).
- The weight valve gives the gasket and safety plug some weight, so they stay in place. If the pressure shoots way above safe levels, it opens to release the extra pressure.
- The gasket release system only opens when the pressure and temperature inside the cooker are safe.
- The safety valve won’t release the plug until most of the pressure is gone. The safety valve is connected to the gasket vent, and if the pressure inside gets too high, it’ll release the excess pressure, so the lid doesn’t pop off. It’s like a backup for the main pressure valve.
- The high-quality aluminum it’s made from allows it to heat up fast, cooking your food quickly and thoroughly. This is great because it preserves more of the food’s nutrients, making it healthier.
10. Prestige Deluxe Plus
This is one of the best cookers in India, mainly because of its compact size. It’s not just great in terms of size, but also in terms of price – it’s priced at less than 2,000 INR. Plus, it’s versatile, working well on both induction and gas stoves.
- This cooker is built to last, with a body made from high-quality aluminum and a lid made from 18/8 grade stainless steel. This combination ensures even cooking for foods with different temperature needs.
- Safety is a priority with the Prestige Deluxe pressure cooker. It uses a precision weight valve that automatically opens if pressure builds up too much, preventing food from burning and keeping the lid secure.
- It also has a controlled gasket release system for added safety, which releases excess steam and pressure if the vent tube fails.
- The cooker’s anodized metals make it rust, tarnish, scratch, and stain-resistant both inside and out. This not only ensures thorough cooking without food sticking to the bottom but also makes it easy to clean – you can even toss it in the dishwasher.
One handy feature is the pressure indicator gauge, which lets you know when it’s safe to open the cooker. It’s a staple in many Indian kitchens for cooking a variety of dishes.
11. Prestige Popular
The Prestige cooker pan is crafted from high-quality 18/8 grade stainless steel. This special steel is what makes it safe, sturdy, and long-lasting. When you cook with it, your food will always cook evenly and thoroughly. These are some of the reasons why it’s considered one of the best pressure cookers in India.
One fantastic thing about the Prestige cooker is that it has handles made of tough plastic that doesn’t easily get hot. This means you won’t have to worry about replacing the cooker because the handles melt or bend.
However, there’s one downside to keep in mind: it can’t be used on induction stovetops.
12. Prestige Nakshatra Plus
The Prestige Nakshatra Plus hard anodized pressure cooker is made entirely of a special kind of aluminum that won’t peel or get damaged when you cook with it. This anodizing process makes the pressure cooker strong and tough. Plus, it’s excellent at spreading heat evenly, so your cooking turns out just right.
These pressure cookers also have a special base that won’t bulge, which means you can use them on induction stovetops or regular ones. And they’re super safe too, especially when it comes to inner lid pressure cookers.
Now that you have a clear understanding of the best pressure cookers available in India, go ahead and make a well-informed choice. Enhance your cooking experience and enjoy delicious meals effortlessly!